Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another twist on the Enchilada

I saw a picture of a "high fiber enchilada" in a magazine and decided to try and create it by looking at the picture. I tried it for dinner tonight, and it was pretty good.

I used whole wheat tortillas

Mix the following ingredients together in a bowl to make the filling:

1 can Corn
1 can black beans
1 can refried beans
2ish lbs hamburger, cooked
2 Tbsp enchilada sauce*
1/4 cup cheese

* I didn't have any enchilada sauce so I used a can of tomato sauce and dumped a bunch of chili powder and black pepper into it

Wrap the filling in the tortillas and cover with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake until warm.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I bet you could throw in a handful of cooked wheat berries into that as well and it would work for you food storage for the most part! i will have to try this one it looks tasty!

Rose said...

That does look good. I was buying tortillas today, and picked up some wheat ones. Luke said, "I don't like the dirty ones". I bought them anyway.

Tracie said...

I love that...."I don't like the dirty ones!"